Patients with back pain conditions incur total annual medical care costs of approximately $240 billion. Back pain is a part of life for many adults. The American Medical Association says 31 million Americans experience low back pain at any given time, and doctors estimate that up to 80 percent of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain is the second most common reason people visit the doctor, below skin disorders.
Back pain can appear on various forms, ranging from a constant dull ache to an electric sharp pain. Adults may experience acute back pain, while others may suffer chronic back pain. The causes can be various, from personal injury to underlying medical genetic conditions. RElieving back pain — or preventing it — involves understanding the common causes and applying appropriate actions.
• Try exercise. Routine exercise is not guaranteed to eliminate back pain, but it can make it less frequent.
Low back pain due to muscle strain or spasm can be helped by exercise.
Stretching Your Back
Begin by lying face up on the floor with both knees bent.
Draw both knees toward the chest and pull them closer using hands.
Slowly let go the knees and back to the starting point. Repeat 30 times daily. The key is to do it regularly enhancing muscles and nerve fibers.
Yoga, or a similar stretch-based exercise, can be very effective at back pain relief. Yoga relaxes muscle tension and expands range of motion in the joints. It also can build muscle strength.
• Shed some pounds. Easy to say, but hard to do. Eat with smaller dish.
• No smoking. Smoking can damage blood vessels that supply blood to the back. Smoking is also bad for the bones and is a risk factor for osteoporosis.
• Lift cautiously. A wrong twist while lifting may cause back pain.
• Maintain proper posture. Try to avoid “text neck” posture. Slouching over computers may be doing damage to the back. Take working breaks to stretch. Sit up straight in chairs and try to keep a straight back while walking as well.
Don’t be afraid to see a doctor. You know your body more than any health professional. I grant you permission to control your health.
Back pain can be complex, but with some strategies you can reduce your propensity for pain.
Take action, it will help your mind to make decision, Call Our Medical Office NOW 727 548-1111 for a free review of your back MRI.